Reflecting on an Incredible 2022/23 Season | Letter from Brundage GM Ken Rider
Dear Friends of Brundage,
The last few days and hours of any ski season always bring a mixed bag of feelings and emotions.
Through the final week of the season, we thanked all the dedicated team members that make up Team Brundage, hosted our end of season employee ‘Brundie’ Awards ceremony, had an amazing ‘Last Tracks’ send-off for the Centennial lift, and saw guest after guest take their last turns of the season and heard many, many guests say, “Thank you Team Brundage for making the season happen!”
As we wrap up the ski season and immediately transition into spring project season there is a lot of reflection and thoughts about the future going through all our brains. We’ll be sharing exciting updates throughout the spring and summer on our big projects: The dismantling of the Centennial Triple and installation of the Centennial Express high-speed quad, ground breaking on our new, 12,000 square foot Mountain Adventure Center (MAC), and several other exciting projects. But, before we close the books on the 2022-23 season, I’d like to share a few fun facts and stats with all of you.
Fun random facts from this season:
- We saw 311” or almost 26 feet of snow at base and 326” or more than 27 feet at Lakeview
- We sent more than 51,000 text Powder Alerts and sent more than 380,000 email snow reports
- Each Bluebird chair traveled more than 12,000 miles
- The grooming team groomed 3,879 runs
- 11 patrollers earned their EMT certifications
- The Bear’s Den sold enough waffles that if stacked end to end would be taller than the Eiffel Tower at over 1091 feet
- We went through 8 tons of French fries
- Our guests drank more than 900 gallons of hot chocolate and more than 5040 gallons of Beer
- The rental shop put 19,403 feet in rental boots and went through 16 gallons of “boot fresh”
- The facilities team dispensed more than 175 miles of toilet paper
- We all had countless cheers and great times skiing and riding the Best Snow In Idaho with you
Now, the entire Brundage Team would like to say thank you to YOU, all of our guests, for sharing in the experience this season. We had some great times, we got to ski the Best Snow in Idaho, we had some amazing powder days, a few fantastic bluebird sunny spring groomer days and had a ton of fun during this 132 day long ski season…all while keeping the Brundage vibe alive.
Thank you to our Team Brundage staff, thank you to our guests and thank you to the entire community for making this season happen. Summer will be here before we know it, and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.
– Ken Rider, GM and the entire Brundage Team