The Ultimate Snow Tubing Experience at McCall’s Activity Barn
The Activity Barn is now closed for the season due to our desire to protect the community from the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for your continued support, we hope to see you again next Winter!
The ‘magic carpet’ conveyor lift will whisk you comfortably to the top of the hill – from there, gravity takes you to the bottom!
With up to six 800-foot tubing lanes and an expanded fleet of tubes, you’ll spend more time sliding and less time waiting in line. Tubing lanes are sculpted into mini half-pipes. The slope angles are all a little different to keep the ride fun and fresh and adapt to different snow speeds.
Groomed Snowshoe/Cross Country/Fat Bike Trail
A delightful loop for first-time or experienced trekkers looking for a little person-powered recreation.
Come enjoy this five-kilometer groomed trail for FREE! This trail is unique because there is no fee to use the loop. The Activity Barn loop connects to the North Valley Rail Trail, so the options are limitless! Dogs are welcome. Please be considerate of all user types and ‘share the road’.View The Nordic Trail Map Here
Fat Bike Rentals are available on site:
Hit the trails on a 2019 Kona Wo bike. $25 for a two-hour rental. Helmets are also available.
Snow Shoe Rentals:
One Hour: $8
Two Hours: $12
|2019-20 Daily Tickets|
|Two-Hour Tubing Session||$18|
|One Hour late arrival
(After 4:30 pm)
|One Time Ride||$5|
2019/20 Ski & Tube Special
Show your Brundage Mountain season pass or same-day lift ticket and get $2 off any two-hour tubing session.
2019/20 Operating Hours – Closed for the Season
Map & Directions
The Activity Barn is located South of McCall off of Moonridge Road.
From south of McCall (Boise):
Just after entering McCall city limits on Highway 55, turn left at the stoplight on Deinhard Lane. Continue on Deinhard half a mile to Mission Street. Take a left (south) on Mission. Continue south for 1.6 miles until you reach Moonridge Road. Take a right on Moonridge and continue .6 miles. The Activity Barn is on your left. Please watch for pedestrians and cross-country skiers as you approach.
From Downtown McCall:
Go south on Highway 55 to the stoplight at Deinhard Lane. Take a right (west) on Deinhard and go half a mile to Mission Street. Take a left (south) on Mission. Continue south for 1.6 miles until you reach Moonridge Road. Take a right on Moonridge and continue .6 miles. The Activity Barn is on your left. Please watch for pedestrians and cross-country skiers as you approach.
From North of McCall (New Meadows or Brundage)
Drive on Highway 55 to the stoplight at Mission Street. Turn right on Mission and continue south for 2.4 miles until you reach Moonridge Road. Take a right (west) on Moonridge and continue .6 miles. The Activity Barn is on your left. Please watch for pedestrians as you approach.
Groups can plan ahead by contacting The Activity Barn at [email protected] or by calling 208-634-3298. Group pricing is available with 24-hours advance reservation. Groups are defined as 20 guests minimum.
Group Pricing: $13/person
Private Tubing Buy-Out available during non-operating hours/days:
$550 minimum for 2-hours of tubing for up to 40 people. Additional guests above 40 people at $13/guest. Reservations must be made and confirmed at least 7 days in advance. Food & beverage is available and must be ordered in advance.
- How old do you have to be to tube?Children must be at least 36″ tall and able to pull their own tube. All children should be accompanied by an adult. This is important, as most children will need assistance at the bottom of the hill – getting out of the tube, walking safely and in a timely manner away from the lanes, and in the right direction of the tube lift. Our magic carpet will take you up the hill effortlessly, just place your feet hip width apart and hold on to the handle of your tube. Once our trained staff has directed you off the lift at the top of the hill it is smooth sailing! Our energetic staff will send you off safely. No experience is needed, just hop in your tube and enjoy the ride. If your child will be tubing under the supervision of another adult, you’ll want to fill out their liability form in advance using our online system.
- Can more than one person ride on a tube?Our tubes are 41” wide on the outside and 20” wide on the inside and are designed for one (1) single rider. Under the appropriate surface conditions, we do allow several tubes to “link” together. For children 6 and under, one (1) parent will be allowed to tube with their child while holding the handle of their child’s tube. (NOTE: The parent should be in the lead tube and the child behind for appropriate safety measures).
- May I bring my own sled or tube?We do not allow personal sleds or tubes to be used on our tube hill. Tube rental is included in the ticket price for a tubing session.
- How should I dress for snow tubing?You should dress for snow with waterproof clothing. Warm clothing including long underwear, gloves or mittens, hat or headband, jacket and ski/snow pants should be worn. Goggles are always a good idea as well.
Remember that the sun exposure could be a problem so be sure to use sunscreen and eye protection.
Tubing participants are asked to wear hiking boots or waterproof shoes. For safety reasons, ski boots and hard shell boots are prohibited.
If you forgot any clothing items, there are gloves, hats, goggles and handwarmers available for sale in the ticket office. Helmets are not required, but it’s never a bad idea to wear one.
- How Safe is Tubing?As with any winter activity, there is a chance for injury. For safety purposes, the tubing employee will inform you when it is safe to start tubing—which is after the tubing lane is clear. Exit the tubing lane in a timely manner so the tuber behind you can be on their way down the hill. Remember, attendants are there to help you.
- Does the weather affect the tubing ride?Yes, the weather can affect the type of ride you get down the lanes, so check the current conditions report and see if the conditions promote slow or fast tubing and take your pick! Colder conditions promote a faster tubing surface and warmer conditions will promote a slower tubing surface. During slower tubing times, it is more likely you will be allowed to “link” tubes with other people in your group. Under faster tubing conditions, tube “linking” will not be allowed (Children 6 & under and parents are the exception). Please be aware that surface conditions can change very quickly; especially when the sun goes down. It is possible tube “linking” will both be allowed and not allowed during your tubing session.
- How long is the wait?The wait depends on the day’s attendance. You can check our website under current conditions where we will post daily about both snow conditions and whether or not we have any large groups scheduled for the day.
- Do tubing sessions ever sell out?Currently, we do not limit the amount of tubing sessions on the hill. We advise that folks consider what they want out of their tubing experience if they see large crowds on the hill. If you want to enjoy the energy and fun that a large group provides, we welcome you to join in. If it is extremely busy, we do ask customers to share tubes by passing them up the line of customers waiting to get on the lift. As you get closer to the loading, a tube will be passed to you.
If this doesn’t sound like your kind of gig, we tend to be less busy on Fridays and Sundays.
- Is There a Place to Warm Up?Our heated event tent, new in 2016, is a wonderful place to sit down and warm up and enjoy street tacos, chili or a yummy snack. We also offer coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and soda.
- Do I need a Reservation?No, no reservation is required. Our ticketing system allows you to choose when to show up and we’ll start your time 10 minutes from the purchase of your ticket. This handy little grace period allows for you to get bundled up, grab your tube and be on your way to fun.
- Who Qualifies for a Military Ticket?To qualify for Military Pricing, you must show active or retired military ID. DD-214 forms will be accepted in lieu of ID cards. Discount does not apply to dependents.
- How do I plan a group outing at the Activity Barn?Groups can plan ahead by contacting The Activity Barn at [email protected] or by calling 208-634-3298. Group rates are available for groups of 30 or more. Each member of your group can save time by filling out your liability form online prior to arrival.
- Are pets allowed at the Activity Barn?As much as we love animals, we do not allow any pets around the area. If you bring pets, we ask that you leave them in the car, both for the safety of your beloved Fido and for all of our guests as well.
By Phone: 208-634-3298
By Email: [email protected]
You can SAVE TIME by filling out your liability form online.