Brundage Mountain is committed to your safety. Our ski patrol members are trained to national standards and ski and patrol the trails and terrain at Brundage every day of the week.
In addition, our ski patrol enforces the Code of Responsibility, which is posted below as well as on the mountain. Powder skiers and Terrain Park users should also check the links at the bottom of this page for additional safety information.
Please note: Snow Bikes are not allowed at Brundage Mountain. (Fat Tire bikes are not allowed during Winter operations). Drones or model aircraft use by guests, commercial operators, or the media is prohibited at Brundage Mountain Resort. You can view our full drone policy here.
Know the Code
Skiing and snowboarding at Brundage Mountain can be enjoyed in many ways. You may see people using alpine skis, snowboards, telemark skis, and other specialized equipment, such as that used by the disabled. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Observe the code listed below and share with other skiers and riders the responsibility for a great skiing experience.
Your Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
- Know the code. It’s your responsibility.
Officially endorsed by: National Ski Areas Association
For more information on Your Responsibility Code, check out the video below:
- Choose terrain within your ability
- Ski or Snowboard with a partner.
- Carry a trail map and report incidents immediately
- Remember the ski area closes at 4:30 pm but the Lakeview lift closes at 3:00.