Experience the thrill of the backcountry!
Experience one of Idaho’s best ski resorts by joining us on a guided Snow cat skiing trip into the beautiful backcountry of the Payette National Forest.
Snow cat trips for the adventurous are offered on 17,912 acres of snowy steeps, tree-lined glades and powdery bowls reaching elevations of nearly 8,500 feet. Our expansive backcountry terrain includes three separate mountain peaks as well as a newer area off of Six Mile Ridge. You can view our backcountry trail map here.
Brundage Mountain’s experienced guides – licensed by the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Association – will see to it that your adventure into this pristine, snowy wonderland is safe and unforgettable.
Who can go?
Skiers and Snowboarders are welcome on our trips. You should feel comfortable descending forested slopes in powder and mixed snow conditions. Please remember, natural hazards are not marked in the backcountry and avalanches are possible. We provide avalanche beacons and an introductory training session for each of our guests. All of our guides have extensive training in avalanche safety.
Private Snow Cat Adventure
New for 2020: Rent the entire SnowCat for up to 6 people. You choose the members of your group and our guides can tailor the experience just for you!
$3500 plus tax
Frequently Asked Questions about Guided SnowCat Trips at Brundage Mountain
- DO WE NEED TO BRING OUR OWN SKIS?YES – You bring your own skis, or pay to rent from our powder-friendly Demo Fleet. This year’s skis include the latest men’s and women’s models from Rossignol, Blizzard, Nordica, Head, Dynastar, 4FRNT, Deviation, J Skis, Praxis, Kastle and Burton.
- HOW MANY RUNS CAN WE EXPECT TO MAKE IN A DAY?Most groups will get between 8 and 14 runs, depending on the skiers ability level and the ability of the Snowcat to climb terrain in the given snow conditions.
- HOW MUCH VERTICAL CAN WE EXPECT?Most groups average between 12,000 to 15,000 vertical feet. Our backcountry runs range from 600 to 2800 vertical feet each.
- CAN WE PICK OUR TERRAIN?Our guides do their best to provide untracked powder and provide the best experience for each particular group. Factors such as skill level of the guests, avalanche conditions, lack of snow from a high pressure system and inability to climb the roads can limit the options on a given day.
- WHAT IS THE TYPICAL GRATUITY AND IS IT SHARED WITH THE DRIVER?The most important thing for guests to remember is that guiding is a service business, and all guides throughout the world rely on their tips as a significant part of their earnings. That said, they must earn your gratuity. The standard of the industry is 10-20% of the trip cost. The gratuity is shared equally between guides and driver. If you are coming with a group, it is always a good idea to talk with others about how much they plan to tip, so as to avoid embarrassment. You are welcome to present directly to the guide his/her gratuity in cash or check, or provide the gratuity information prior to the trip. Our Guest Services agents can add that to your credit card total if that is more convenient for you.
You can book your trip by calling 208-315-3080.
Feel free to leave a message after hours, or e-mail us with your preferred date at [email protected]. Your reservation is not final until you have reserved it with a credit card and paid your deposit.
You can SAVE TIME by signing your Assumption of Risk on-line.
Cancellation Policy – All Trips
Cancellations made by guests 14 days or more before the scheduled trip will be given a full refund.
Cancellations or ‘no shows’ less than 14 days before the trip will be charged the full price of the trip.
Cancellations made less than 14 days before a trip may rebook for the current season for a $500 re-booking fee.
If you must cancel your trip less than 14 days before your trip, due to COVID-19 travel restrictions or illnesses, you have the following options:
- Provide us with proof of a travel restriction and/or a doctor’s note confirming a COVID illness in your party
- Reschedule for a new trip this season or next season, with a $500 administration fee
- Refund of full cat ski trip, minus the $1000 deposit
If Brundage cancels your trip, you will receive a full refund.
START YOUR ENGINES!
Brundage Mountain also offers guided snowmobile tours into the Payette National Forest backcountry. Learn More