Experience the thrill of the backcountry!
Join us on a guided Snow cat skiing trip into the beautiful backcountry of the Payette National Forest.
Snow cat trips for the adventurous are offered on 17,912 acres of snowy steeps, tree-lined glades and powdery bowls. Our expansive backcountry terrain includes three separate mountain peaks as well as a newer area off of Six Mile Ridge. You can view our new trail map here. In 2013, we were granted access to a 700-acre bowl which we now refer to as “La Casa”. These steep, north-facing runs are providing fresh thrills for those who enjoy deep, sun-sheltered powder runs and pillow drops. Learn more about “La Casa” here.
Brundage Mountain’s experienced guides – licensed by the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Association – will see to it that your adventure into this pristine, snowy wonderland is safe and unforgettable.
Who can go?
Skiers and Snowboarders are welcome on our trips. You should feel comfortable descending forested slopes in powder and mixed snow conditions. Please remember, natural hazards are not marked in the backcountry and avalanches are possible. We provide avalanche beacons and an introductory training session for each of our guests. All of our guides have extensive training in avalanche safety.
Book A Seat
Full-Day Snow Cat Trip
Your day begins when you meet your guides at Brundage Mountain. After a short orientation and equipment check, you’ll board the snow cat to begin your skiing adventure in miles of powdery, tree-lined glades and steep snow fields.
The Idaho mountain scenery is breathtaking and the skiing superb. Brundage Mountain provides a delicious and plentiful alpine buffet lunch plus plenty of snacks to keep you fueled for fun. Your expert guides will make sure you have the best and safest backcountry skiing experience possible. Powder skis are included. Meet at 7:30 am
$349 per person, plus tax
Book The Whole SnowCat
Private Snow Cat Adventure
You can keep your group small or fill all 10 seats when you book your own snow cat for the day. You choose the members of your group and our guides can tailor the experience just for you!
Non-Peak: $2500 plus tax
Peak: $3000 plus tax
|Non-Peak ($2500) Periods Include:||Peak ($3000) Periods Include:|
|*Every day from opening of ski season through December 31||*ALL Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays in January|
|*Mondays through Thursdays (non-holiday) January 1 – January 25||*Every Day from January 26 through March 4|
|*Every day from March 5 through the end of the season|
Frequently Asked Questions about Guided SnowCat Trips at Brundage Mountain
- HOW MANY RUNS CAN WE EXPECT TO MAKE IN A DAY?Most groups will get between 8 and 14 runs, depending on the skiers ability level and the ability of the Snowcat to climb terrain in the given snow conditions.
- HOW MUCH VERTICAL CAN WE EXPECT?Most groups average between 12,000 to 15,000 vertical feet. Our backcountry runs range from 600 to 2800 vertical feet each.
- CAN WE PICK OUR TERRAIN?Our guides do their best to provide untracked powder and provide the best experience for each particular group. Factors such as skill level of the guests, avalanche conditions, lack of snow from a high pressure system and inability to climb the roads can limit the options on a given day.
- WHAT IS THE TYPICAL GRATUITY AND IS IT SHARED WITH THE DRIVER?The most important thing for guests to remember is that guiding is a service business, and all guides throughout the world rely on their tips as a significant part of their earnings. That said, they must earn your gratuity. The standard of the industry is 10-20% of the trip cost. The gratuity is shared equally between guides and driver. If you are coming with a group, it is always a good idea to talk with others about how much they plan to tip, so as to avoid embarrassment. You are welcome to present directly to the guide his/her gratuity in cash or check, or provide the gratuity information prior to the trip. Our Guest Services agents can add that to your credit card total if that is more convenient for you.
- DO WE NEED TO BRING OUR OWN SKIS?No! While you are welcome to use your own powder skies, use of our powder skis are included in your trip price and this year’s skis include the latest men’s and women’s models from Rossignol, Blizzard, Nordica, Head, Dynastar, 4FRNT, Deviation, J Skis, Praxis, Kastle and Burton.
You can book your trip by calling 208-315-3080.
Feel free to leave a message after hours, or e-mail us with your preferred date at [email protected]. Your reservation is not final until you have reserved it with a credit card and paid your deposit.
Cancellation Policy – All Trips
If you cancel more than 2 weeks prior to your scheduled trip, you will be given a full refund.
If cancelled less than 2 weeks prior to the trip date Brundage reserves the right to retain your full payment.
If Brundage cancels your trip, you will receive a full refund.
You can SAVE TIME by signing your liability release on-line.
START YOUR ENGINES!
Brundage Mountain also offers guided snowmobile tours into the Payette National Forest backcountry. Learn More