NEW – McCall Idaho Guided Snowmobile Tours & Snowmobile Rentals
Snowmobiling into the backcountry has never been so easy!
Brundage Mountain’s renowned backcountry guides are now offering full-day and half-day McCall area snowmobile tours to scenic locations like Clow Point, Granite Lake, Brundage Reservoir, Hazard Lake, Warren, the Brundage Mountain Lookout, Burgdorf Hot Springs and more. Just show up at Brundage, suit up (jackets, pants and helmets are included) and experience great terrain and exceptional views of the Goose Creek drainage, Salmon River Mountains, Payette Lakes and more.
Lunch is included in our full-day excursions, which may include the option to dine in our charming wood-fired yurt tucked into the hillside with Payette Lake views.
Our new Ski-Doo snowmobile fleet features a mix of Summit and Renegade Series sleds. These backcountry and powder sleds are perennial chart-toppers for the top Mountain Sled awards in the industry.
Already familiar with McCall Idaho snowmobile touring? You can enjoy a hassle-free day when you rent from our fleet of backcountry and powder snowmobiles. Park in the private lot at Brundage Mountain where your machines will be staged and ready to ride, and you can ride directly into the backcountry.
Guided McCall Area Snowmobile Tours
Starting December 15, conditions permitting
Full Day – 10 am – 4 pm – $295 plus tax
Includes gear (jacket, pants & helmet) & lunch. All sleds have hand warmers.
Minors age 6-17 can ride as a passenger on the back of an adult’s sled for an additional $35.
Half Day – noon – 4 pm – $235 plus tax
Includes gear (jacket, pants & helmet) & snacks
Reservations for guided trips must be made by 4:00 pm the day before the excursion. Check in at Guest Services the morning of your tour. You can view this calendar for a look at available dates.
McCall Snowmobile Rentals
Offered as available starting January 15. Reserve in advance.
Full Day – 9:00 am – 4:30 pm – $250 plus tax
Half Day – 4 hours – $190 plus tax
Half-day departures can be scheduled between 9:00 am – 11:30 am (latest return by 4:30)
All sleds have hand warmers. Must be 18 years old with a valid drivers license to rent or drive a snowmobile. Individuals under 18 can ride on the back of two-seat sleds. All rentals include your first tank of gas and set of gear.
Did You Know? Brundage Mountain Season Pass holders get a 10% discount on any snowmobile rental our guided snowmobile tour package. (One discounted rental/tour per pass holder per day.)
Frequently Asked Questions about Snowmobile Tours and Rentals
- DO WE HAVE TO USE A GUIDE?No, a guide is not required. With the extensive trail system in our area, the majority of our guests choose to do guided tours and have a great time. (Another advantage to a guided tour is that we are able to schedule those further in advance so you can solidify your plans.)
- WHAT DO WE NEED TO BRING FOR OUR GUIDED SNOWMOBILE TOUR?We will provide detailed information upon booking, but essentially you’ll want to dress for playing in the snow all day. We suggest a good pair of Polypropylene-style long underwear (top, bottom–and women will appreciate a good sports bra); a good pair of ski socks (polypropylene or wool, no cotton); comfortable middle layers over long underwear suits such as sweaters, sweatshirts, and sweatpants; polar fleece; waterproof and windproof outer layers (ski or snow pants and jacket); gloves. Helmets are required (and provided free of charge for all riders). Earrings can be uncomfortable under helmets, so you will want to keep that in mind. A camera is also a must-have to capture the spectacular beauty of snow dusted trees, frozen lakes and blanketed mountainsides.
- WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR SNOWMOBILE TOURS?All of our snowmobile tours include Jackets, Pants, helmets and avalanche beacons for all riders, an avalanche backpack and shovel per sled and all the fun you can handle! Half-day tours include snacks and drinks, full-day tours include a hot lunch.
- WILL RIDING INSTRUCTIONS BE PROVIDED?We have an excellent snowmobiling staff who will give an orientation and instruction on operating the snowmobile and offer assistance when needed. Riding a snowmobile for the first time may seem a bit intimidating, it doesn’t take long to catch on and enjoy the experience.
- WILL I BE ALLOWED TO RIDE OFF TRAIL? There will be plenty of opportunities to take advantage of off trail riding. There will be plenty of time to experience riding in powder throughout the numerous meadows along our scenic trails.
- DO YOU RECOMMEND RIDING DOUBLE OR SINGLE?The choice to ride single or double depends on the participant’s age and level of confidence in operating a snowmobile. Participants under the age of 18 must ride as a passenger. Based on our experience, even novice riders prefer riding single over riding double because it is more comfortable and easier to maneuver the snowmobile.
- HOW EARLY SHOULD I ARRIVE?It is a good idea to arrive about a full hour before the rental time to take care of paperwork, helmets, and clothing (if needed).
- WHY RENT FROM BRUNDAGE?Brundage Mountain Resort offers the best in equipment and clothing, with a fleet of new snowmobiles available to rent this year. Snowmobile staff members are on site and readily available to give instruction and assistance as needed. We are located at a major trail head, making access to great snowmobiling areas easy and convenient. Everything is on-site, so there is no need to find parking for a trailer or bother with loading and unloading snowmobiles. With the convenience of Smoky’s Bar and Grill and the new “Upper Lot Pub” to take advantage of at the end of the day, this provides an opportunity for a full day family event!
- DO WE TIP THE GUIDE? The most important thing for guests to remember is that guiding is a service business, and all guides throughout the world rely on their tips as part of their earnings. That said, they must earn your tip. There have been many published guidelines on the amount to tip, e.g. $50 a day per person for a guide or 10-20% of the trip cost. If you are coming with a group, it is always a good idea to talk with others about how much they plan to tip, so as to avoid embarrassment. If you are staying at one of the recommended lodging choices before or after your trip, tips there are separate. If you feel as though your guide deserves a tip you will want to give that to them directly in cash.
- IS PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR SNOWMOBILING? At Brundage Mountain Snowmobiling, our first priority is your safety. All of our guides are certified in CPR, First Aid and Avalanche Awareness. We walk all of our guests, whether they are interested in guided snowmobiling or snowmobile rentals, through a very thorough equipment overview and safety orientation. No prior experience is required for our Brundage snowmobile tours, however we do recommend some experience for snowmobile rentals.
- WHAT IF DAMAGES OCCUR TO THE MACHINE WHILE ON THE TOUR?In short, the driver assumes all financial responsibility for any damages to the machine. Damages can range from small repairs, (such as a cracked mirror) to the total cost of the snowmobile (around $11,000) and everything in between. Prior to tour departure, guests are required to sign an “Equipment Rental Contract” assuming liability for the risk of loss or damage to the equipment rented. All guests will have ample opportunity to inspect the equipment to make sure it is in proper working order before signing the contract. Please understand, we are not familiar with each guests’ personal automobile or homeowners insurance policies, however, it is unlikely that these policies will cover any accidental damages on the tour.
You can book your trip by calling 208-634-4151 ext 124.
Feel free to leave a message after hours, or e-mail us with your preferred date at [email protected]. Your reservation is not final until you have reserved it with a credit card.
Deposit is $100 per sled – Guided or Rented.
Cancellation Policy – All Trips
Deposit is refundable if you cancel your trip more than 48 hours prior to departure.
If your trip is booked within 24 hours of scheduled departure, the full amount is due.
If Brundage cancels your trip, you will receive a full refund.
Brundage Mountain also guides Snowcat Ski & Snowboard trips into the Payette National Forest backcountry. Learn more.