Brundage Mountain is proud to partner with the McCall Winter Sports Club
The McCall Winter Sports Club (MWSC) has been teaching young skiers how to develop into strong individuals with character since 1947. Our athletes are taught that skiing isn’t all about winning or losing; it is your character that counts the most! Our goal is to facilitate growth, education and maturity in a fun, team-based atmosphere.
MWSC offers Alpine Race, Big Mountain Freeride, All Mountain Development and Park Programs for ages 6-18. Athletes and coaches train at Brundage Mountain Resort on the weekends and The Little Ski Hill weekdays. Races and competitions are optional at home or traveling to other mountains regionally and in the Intermountain Division.
MWSC Seasonal Programs:
The All-Mountain Development program is designed for athletes ages 6-13 looking to develop the fundamentals of skiing. An emphasis is put on becoming the “whole skier” Athletes will learn all-mountain fundamentals including stance, balance, positioning and edge pressure. These are transitional skills that apply to any track the athlete chooses to pursue. Programming begins with an All-Mountain Holiday Camp January 3, 4 & 5 and then continues each Saturday through March at Brundage Mountain.
The Alpine Race Program provides a range of instruction and skill-building for skiers ages 6-14 starting with the development of fundamentals and building to cover all aspects of ski racing; including mental preparation, physical training, and on-snow technique and tactics. Racers compete regionally and in the Intermountain Division of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association.
The Big Mountain Program prepares skiers (12-18 years of age) for winter elements in the backcountry, tours some pretty cool terrain and enables big mountain competition for those who desire. Components to the program include snow safety, outdoor leadership, route-finding, and big mountain technique and style. Programming begins with a Backcountry Boot Camp December 27-30 and then continues each weekend through March at Brundage Mountain and other areas. Saturday-only option is available to 12, 13 and 14-year-olds.
The Pro Track Program introduces a few professional avenues of the ski industry. This program is for those who have completed two years of the Big Mountain Program. Participants spend time with a variety of industry professionals; including avalanche forecasters, backcountry ski guides, ski photographers/videographers, and outdoor leadership professionals.
MWSC Membership Program:
MWSC is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that relies on public support. Anyone can become a member of MWSC to support our cause. An annual membership starts at $35. Exclusive membership benefits are made available from local partners.
- Who should become a member?
- Membership is open to all winter sports enthusiasts who have a passion for skiing in the McCall area and want to support local, youth skiers. We encourage everyone to share the benefits and value of membership with their extended family, friends, co-workers, business partners and anyone else they know who can benefit from joining MWSC as a Member and supporting our cause.
- What are the benefits of becoming a member?
- Besides feeling good about supporting MWSC programming, members receive a MWSC-logo beanie and other exclusive benefits. You can see a complete list of benefits HERE. Members also have voting rights, in affect your membership ensures we can continue Creating World Class Kids and Experiences Through Winter Sports for years to come.
- Where can I purchase and redeem my membership?