The McCall Winter Sports Club (MWSC) has been teaching young skiers how to develop into strong individuals with character since 1947. Our athletes are taught that skiing isn’t all about winning or losing; it is your character that counts the most! Our goal is to facilitate growth, education and maturity in a fun, team-based atmosphere.
MWSC offers Alpine Race, Big Mountain Freeride, All Mountain Development and Park Programs for ages 6-18. We train at Brundage Mountain Resort and The Little Ski Hill. Races and competitions are optional at home or traveling to other mountains in the Intermountain Division.
MWSC seasonal programs:
Alpine program provides a range of instruction and skill-building for skiers, starting with the development of fundamentals and building to cover all aspects of ski racing; including mental preparation, physical training, and on-snow technique and tactics. Our goal is to facilitate growth, education and maturity in a fun, team-based atmosphere. Ages 6-17
Devo Plus program is designed to develop the “whole” skier. Athletes will learn fundamentals including stance, balance, positioning and edge pressure. These are transitional skills that apply to any track the athlete chooses to pursue; be it big mountain, freeride, park, or alpine racing. Ages 6-12.
Ski Meisters program offers the basics of alpine skiing from stance, balance and body position to park, off-piste and gates. These Saturday shredders will take on all aspects of alpine skiing to develop their athleticism on skis and confidence on terrain. Athletes will have the option to compete in 1-2 home races. Ages 8-13.
Big Mountain Freeride (BMF) program prepares skiers and snowboarders for winter elements in the backcountry and tours some pretty cool terrain! There are a few components to the program; including snow safety, outdoor leadership, route-finding, and big mountain technique and style. Ages 12+.
Pro Track program opportunity is for athletes 14-years and older after two years in the BMF program. The Pro Track program is designed for those looking to dive deeper in the professional world related to the ski industry. Skiers and riders focus on avalanche dynamics and mitigation, backcountry travel, winter survival, outdoor leadership, route finding and line management, skiing/riding powder, steeps, cliffs, chutes and jumps. Participants spend time with a variety of industry professionals; including avalanche forecasters, backcountry ski guides, and outdoor leadership professionals.
Park Jammers program is designed to improve freestyle skills in the terrain park; including boxes, rails, jumps and jib features at both Brundage Mountain and Little Ski Hill. Open to skiers ages 8+ with intermediate to advanced skiing abilities. No terrain park experience required. Ages 8+.Learn More at the MWSC Website
- Who should become a member?
- Anyone can become a member of the McCall Winter Sports Club.
- Membership is open to all winter sports enthusiasts who have a passion for skiing in the McCall area.
- We encourage everyone to share the benefits and value of membership with their extended family, friends, co-workers, business partners and anyone else they know who can benefit from joining MWSC as a Member.
- What are the benefits of becoming a member?
- There are 2 Levels of membership (Basic and Gold) and each level has its own benefits.
- You can see a complete list of benefits at each level HERE.
- When is membership available?
- Memberships are available now.
- Memberships are good for one fiscal year starting August 1 and ending July 31st.
- Where can I purchase and redeem my membership?
- Why become a member?
- We like to show our members a good time! Members get free or reduced-price access to all member events.
- Members get perks from our partner businesses not found anywhere else.
- Members have access to all our winter youth sports programs.
- Members get discounts to special member only events, camps, and clinics for winter sports enthusiasts of all ages.
- Members can attend the Annual Meeting and help shape the future of the organization.
- Members will have voting rights and elect our future Board of Directors; Members, in effect, have control over the organization by being able to elect Board Members they feel will do a great job running the organization and fulfilling the Mission of MWSC.
- Membership fees will help fund some of the important and necessary overhead essential to the organization
- Membership at MWSC is a showing of support for the Mission of McCall Winter Sport Club.
- Those who wish to sign up for one of our Youth Winter Sports Programs will be required to purchase a minimum Basic Level Membership this season to participate, but can also upgrade to a Gold Level Membership to receive greater benefits.
- Your membership insures we can continue Creating World Class Kids and Experiences Through Winter Sports for years to come. Thank you!