- This event has passed.
Crazy Daze Featuring Pond Skimming
April 6 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
The most fun you can have on snow! Come join us Saturday, April 6 as brave skimmers shoot the newly re-styled pond! Warm up by competing in the Photo Scavenger Hunt, Poker Run, Costume Contest and Beer Relay or just celebrate springtime with some of the goofiest goons you’ve ever seen…
Schedule of Events
9:30 – Registration Opens for All Events – Event Tent, Main Lodge, Plaza Level
9:30 –1:00 pm Photo Scavenger Hunt – Pick up clues at Event Tent starting at 9:00.
10:30 – 12:30 – Poker Run – Pick up scorecard at Event Tent starting at 9:00.
12:00 – 12:45– Beer Relay Begins, Teams Meet at the Top of Alpine at High Noon (Must pre-register at Plaza Event Tent prior to 11:30 – 10 team limit)
12:00 OR SOONER – Registration for Pond Skimming Closes once we reach 80 competitors. (80 participant limit. Once we reach 80 registration is closed. Arrive early)
1:00-1:15– Costume Contest, by the Pond – Meet at the DJ Tent
1:15 – Pond Skimming!
Photo Scavenger Hunt
Find the items on the list below, snap a photo, and you just might win some cool prizes!
1. You must get at least 10 of the 15 photos on the list in order to be eligible for the prize.
2. You must appear in every photo.
3. You must give a thumbs up in every photo
4. You must come back to the event tent between 12:30 – 1:00 pm on Crazy Daze to show us your photos and be eligible for prizes.
5. Winners will be announced at the Pond after the Costume Contest
There will be 3 winners. $25 Gift Cards to Brundage Mountain or Brundage Mountain Swag.
Pick up your poker run game sheet at the event tent. Find a Brundage Mountain Ambassador (look for the green coat) at the top of each lift and draw a card. Your friendly ambassador will fill in the card info on your game sheet. Bring sheet back to the Event Tent by 12:30 pm. Winners will be announced after Pond Skimming.
Best Hand wins a $50 gift card and second best hand wins a $25 Brundage gift card
Beer Relay – sponsored by Payette Brewing
Pre-registered teams of four meet at the top of Alpine; our Brundage Mountain Ambassadors will direct 3 team members to stops down the run. The team member remaining at the top of Alpine will receive a can of beer (or soda) and an empty cup. Teammate #1 will fill their cup and head off down the run to meet teammate #2. The full cup will exchange hands and teammate #2 will continue down the run to give the full cup to teammate #3 who will continue down to teammate #4. Teammate #4 is responsible for getting the full cup to the finish line and setting it on the table. The winning team needs to finish in the top 3 teams and have the most beer (or soda) in their cup at the end of the run. Be forewarned- any team to add snow, etc. to the cup will be disqualified! Each member of the winning team will receive a $25 Brundage Gift Card.
Celebrity judges will choose the top 3 female, top 3 male, and top 3 kids costumes; the crowd makes the final decision! Top Prize is a $50 Brundage Mountain gift card.
Contestants must be ready at the start when their name is called. The top skimmers from each round will move on. All skimmers to cross the pond successfully move on to the next round. Bring your “A” game if you want to make it to the next round. Participants must hike back up the hill and be ready for their next attempt. The grand prize winner must check every box; make it across the pond both rounds, do it with style, and be donning a creative costume. The winner of the Grand Prize receives a 2019/2020 Brundage Season Pass.
Pond Skim Rules
1. Registration is held on a first come, first served basis starting at 9:30 am. Once all spots are filled, registration will close.
2. All participants must be present at registration with a valid ID.
3. Any guest under the age of 18 must have legal guardian present at registration.
4. The minimum age to compete is 10 years old.
5. No Teams.
6. Participants must compete on skis or snowboard. No sleds, ski bikes, benches, etc. allowed.
7. No ski poles!
8. No pre-runs.
9. Participant’s costumes may not be offensive in any manner.
10. Participants will not be allowed to consume alcoholic beverages on the course or waiting to cross the pond.
11. Competitors who are visibly intoxicated will not be allowed to participate.
12. Brundage has the right to refuse any individual’s participation at any time during the competition.
|Crazy Daze & Pond Skimming|